- VAAACares was selected for a n4a Aging Innovations and Achievement Award.
- EVCTP and its build out of VAAACares were recently selected from more than 200 respondents to a Center for Health Care Strategies RFI sponsored by Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. It is one of four partnerships nationally to be featured in case studies exploring sustainability and replicability of innovative partnerships between health care providers and community based organizations.
- Bay Aging, its collaborative of the Eastern Virginia Care Transitions Partnership (EVCTP) and Kathy Vesley, President, were recognized by Robert J. Schreiber, MD, Clinical Instructor of Medicine at Harvard Medical School, for providing national leadership for improving patient health outcomes and significantly reducing hospital readmissions in Eastern Virginia.
- As part of Older Americans Month celebration State Aging Commissioner Jim Rothrock recognized Bay Aging and Va’s other AAAs (VAAACares) in partnership with health care providers for significantly bending the health care cost curve by coaching seniors on how to avoid unnecessary and costly hospital readmissions.
- Bay Aging dba the EVCTP (VAAACares) was featured in two blogs, the American Health Insurance Plans (AHIP) and the n4a Aging & Disability Business Institute, for how its unique partnership of health care providers, health plans and AAAs is helping thousands of Virginias have healthier lives.
- Virginia Hospital and Health Care Association – VAAACares was selected to present at the poster competition of the Virginia Patient Safety Summit at VHHA’s annual conference.
- Based on success in saving Medicare dollars and improving health outcomes the Virginia General Assembly awarded funds to Bay Aging/EVCTP to demonstrate its impact on Medicaid beneficiaries.
- Archstone Foundation and The Aging & Public Health Section of The American Public Health Association Award for Excellence In Program Innovation, Honorable Mention.
- Senator Mark Warner deemed the EVCTP synergy of health systems and AAAs as “unprecedented” and a model for his proposed legislation to improve outcomes for Medicare patients with chronic conditions.
- Virginia Center for Health Innovations appointed EVCTP to expand Care Transitions across the Commonwealth of Virginia, leading to VAAACares.
- EVCTP was recognized by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) as a National Top Performer for Care Transitions Intervention.
- Winner National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (n4a) Aging Innovations and Achievement Award for Care Transitions.
- Winner, Commonwealth Council on Aging Best Practices Award for EVCTP.
- Winner, Virginia Health Care Innovators and Virginia Chamber of Commerce Patient Safety Award for Care Transitions.
- Bay Aging/EVCTP awarded CMS Demonstration Project funding (CCTP) to expand its Care Transitions Intervention pilot.